Image taking your child into the Doctor for a serious bacterial infection like strep or pneumonia, only to be told the bacteria you are trying to fight has developed a resistance to antibiotics. What would you do? What options would you have? This scenario has become a reality for millions of people worldwide. Antibiotic resistant bacteria, or "Superbugs" are on the rise and have now been declared one of the CDC's top public health concerns. Over the last decade, almost every type of bacteria has become stronger and less responsive to antibiotic treatment. Antibiotics are destroying the "good bacteria" in your gut allowing the "bad bacteria" to take over and it is the "bad bacteria" that is building resistance every time you use antibiotics. Lets take a look at the top products adding fuel to the "Superbug" fire.
1- Antibiotics- widespread inappropriate use of antibiotics is the number one cause of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Antibiotics will not kill a viral infection; try telling that to a Mother who has a child with a double ear infection. Parents are demanding antibiotics even though they are not effective in treating colds, flu, most sore throats, and most ear infections.
2- Acne Medication- whether it is by form of oral antibiotics or an antibiotic cream, it is adding fuel to the increasing drug-resistant bacteria.
3- Antibacterial soaps and household products- Every day our children are pumping this problem right into their hands. A link between antibacterial chemicals used in personal cleaning products and bacterial resistance has been shown in vitro studies.
The CDC is estimating that it will take ten years to develop a new antibiotic that would be strong enough to combat antibiotic resistant bacteria. Here is a chart to show you the decline in development of antibiotics.
The good new...there is a simple solution! After months of researching into alternative solutions to help my daughter overcome her antibiotic resistant bacterial infection, I found a safe and effective way to assist the body in fighting off "superbugs" without concern of resistance. doTERRA's certified pure therapeutic grade essential oils are highly antimicrobial and can be used to assist the body in fighting both bacterial and viral infections. Essential oils have been used medicinally throughout history with great success. They are the ONLY form of medicine that has withstood the test of time. I started using doTERRA essential oils on my daughter and was amazed at the quick results. These wonderful little oils have now taken over my medicine cabinet and have become our first response to any ailment. My favorite fact...every drop of essential oil contains a different amount of compounds making it impossible for bacteria to develop a resistance. doTERRA has a Family Physician Kit that contains 10 essential oil that no home should be without. Below is a list of the oils that can be found in this kit along with my Family's favorite application for the oils.
1. Lavender - It is the most versatile and popular oil. It is great for burns and takes aways pain and blistering fast! It works very well as a sleep aid and it has a very calming effect. It also works as a natural antihistamine and provides relief from insect bites and allergies. Rub on your feet each night for relaxation, or headache relief.
2. Lemon - Use a drop of lemon every day in your water to keep your body acid free (alkaline). Lemon helps clean your lymphatic system. It is excellent for sore throats-- just place a drop on your tongue or gargle with lemon water. You can also use it as a cleaning agent. Lemon oil will clean ninety-nine percent of bacteria.
3. Peppermint - It has been double-blind studied against Tylenol and was proven to be just as effective in treating tension headaches. Peppermint Oil has been reported as being one of the most promising treatments for I.B.S. It is fantastic for digestive issues and when inhaled it will stimulate the brain to increase alertness.
4. Melaleuca (Tea Tree Oil) - This is fantastic for acne since most acne medications are antibacterial creams, melaleuca is antibacterial. It is also great for most skin conditions: general rashes, eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections, and MRSA. You can rub it on your head to control dandruff and on your chest for coughs.
5. Deep Blue - It reduces inflammations and relieves sore muscles and back aches. Use this oil on all sport related injuries or chronic inflammation.
6. Oregano - It is your heaviest fighter oil with several studies proving its ability to kill MRSA (staph infection). It is one of the most important oils to use when fighting any infection. It is a very hot oil and must be diluted with any carrier oil (Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Almond Oil etc) to apply topically. Our natural antibiotic is 4 drops of Oregano, OnGuard, and Lemon placed in an empty gel capsule. For fast results, take this capsule at least 3 times daily. Dilute with coconut oil and apply to the feet or spine of younger children.
7. On Guard - This oil helps to strengthen your immune system. The US National Library of Medicine now shows that OnGuard is effective in destroying the H1N1 virus. It has also been shown to kill 17 different strains of MRSA. This is great for disinfecting via a diffuser. Place 3 drops under your tongue daily, use 4 drops in a capsule with 4 drops of lemon oil, or rub on your feet every night for cold prevention.
8. Breathe - Use this oil from respiratory infections,coughs, or asthma symptoms. Rub it on your chest to help combat congestion. Rub on chest and under your nostrils to help with snoring. Unlike other Vapor Rubs, Breathe will actually assist your body in fighting off the infection.
9. DigestZen - this blend will work for any digestive disorder: Acid Reflux, heartburn, H.Pylori Bacteria, diarrhea, Constipation, IBS, etc. Seventy percent of your immune function is through your GI so if you have a compromised GI you have a compromised immune system. Using DigestZen will help strengthen immune system. Take 4 drops of Digestzen with 2 drops of peppermint internally in an empty capsule or simply rub it on your stomach.
10. Frankincense - this oil contains sesquiterpenes, enabling it to go beyond the blood-brain barrier. It may help oxygenate the pineal and pituitary glands. Many people belief it helps with anxiety and depression. Several studies have been done on Frankincense and its ability to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
Don't take my word for it, try it for yourself! You will be amazed at how fast and effective doTERRA essentials can be. If you look at where the world is heading with antibiotic resistant bacteria and very few new antibiotics in development, it becomes necessary to have these oils in your medicine cabinet.
For more information on doTERRA essential oils, please visit my blog at
http://www.iamdoterra.blogspot.com/ or visit my website at www.thinkdoterra.com/3365 Essential oil studies can be viewed at http://www.pubmed.com/
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Two years ago this Fall, I got sick. I had such a wide spectrum of symptoms, that I couldn’t imagine what could be wrong with me. I thought, surely, it had to be more than one thing because my symptoms were so random. It was a long and grueling process, trying to understand my symptoms, going from doctor to doctor, wondering what in the world was wrong with me. After three months of sliding downhill fast, and getting fed up with the medical profession in general, I finally received a diagnosis.
Grave’s disease: an autoimmune disease that cause hyperthyroidism. I was text book. Weight loss, diarrhea, heart palpitations, hot flashes, sweating, anxiety, tremors, rough itchy skin, hair loss, insomnia…you name it, I had it. And when I finally realized that my symptoms all matched up to this one illness, I was relieved. Not because I felt better, but because I finally had an answer.
After speaking with my endocrinologist, and realizing that the only treatments for my condition were severe and permanent: surgery to remove the thyroid, or radioactive iodine ablation to kill the thyroid. My gut said let’s try everything else first, but my doc had no other options. There was an experimental medication that inhibits the function of the thyroid. I took it for 6 weeks, and my doctor was skittish about it the whole time because of the extreme side effects and risks. They have since recalled that drug and it is had been taken off the market. Finally, I agreed to do the radioactive iodine. I hated that idea that it was so permanent, but what choice did I have? At this point, I had lost 40 pounds, and was withering away to nothing, and despite being on beta-blockers, my resting heart rate was above 120, and getting worse.
The recovery period after the radiation was a tough one. As my thyroid slowly died, and my doctor worked on getting me on the right dosage of replacement hormone, my body reacted in silent protest. I went from one extreme to the other. And I thought, “What have I done to myself?”
Shortly after that, a new neighbor moved into our neighborhood. I learned that she was a “witch doctor” of sorts. She sold essential oils. After the fiasco of doctors I went through, I had become completely open to the idea of alternative medicine. She brought me over some frankincense and lemongrass and told me to rub in on my neck over my thyroid. At first, I though, it’s too late for me. My thyroid is already dead. But, I decided what do I have to lose? I started using it. During that summer, blood tests showed that my thyroid had zero to very little function. While, still using the frankincense, believing that if nothing else, it was helping with my symptoms of fatigue and depression from having no thyroid function, in August, I also started taking the DoTerra supplements. Because of the mental fog I was in, I thought the EOMega would help, and the AlphaCRS could help with my autoimmune disease. That fall, one year after my initial diagnosis, I surprised my doctor when my most recent blood tests results showed an increase in my thyroid function. The test does not measure the amount of synthetic hormone, only natural hormone.
The only logical explanation was that between using the supplements, and the oils, my thyroid was slowly regaining function. Not a lot, but enough to make me feel normal again. I also added the use of Clary Sage to my regimen, because since thyroid diseases are hormonal, I felt I needed as much help as I could get to balance out those hormones. My doctor told me in no uncertain terms that because of the hormonal instability and the radiation in my body, I would no longer be able to get pregnant.
Once again, a miracle happened, when a little over a year after my radiation treatment, and almost a year of using the frankincense, Clary sage, and supplements, I discovered I was pregnant. I am now 9 months along, awaiting my sweet baby’s arrival any day, after a very healthy and happy pregnancy.
If it weren’t for the use of essential oils, I would not have the health and blessings I have today.
doTERRA Essential Oil Supply List
- Balance Oil- Rub 2-3 drops of Balance oil on the bottom of your child's feet daily to create a sense of calm and well-being.
- On Guard Oil- Rub 2-3 drops of On Guard oil on the bottom of your child's feet when they return home from school to strengthen their immune system and prevent the onset of illness. On Guard is your BEST defense against illness. It has been proven effective in killing H1N1 and other viral infections. Place 3 drops under your child's tongue 2-3 times daily to fight off any illness.
- Serenity Oil- Rub 2-3 drops of Serenity oil on the bottom of your child's feet each night to help them fall asleep and stay asleep.
- On Guard Throat Drops- Send throat drops in your child's backpack to be used as a preventative. On Guard throat drops are great for sore throats, coughs, and colds.
- Lemon Oil- Use 2-3 drops of lemon in your child's water bottle daily to help boost immunity and gently cleanse the body of toxins.
- Peppermint Oil and Wild Orange- Mix 20 drops of Wild Orange and 10 drops of Peppermint oil together into a roll-on bottle for a wonderful blend for memory, focus, and clarity. Great for stress/anxiety, helps stimulate the limbic region of the brain. Simply roll it on the back of the neck and a small amount under each nostril.
- PB Assist Probiotics- Probiotics are core to your child's health. Take 2-3 capsules daily for 5 days to replenish the good bacteria in your gut. Your digestive tract is responsible for 70% of your immune function. It is extremely important to maintain healthy flora(good bacteria) to help fight of the bad bacteria.
To purchase items on this supply list, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For tips on what do when your child becomes ill, read Cold and Flu Remedies